When will all this be happening?
Password Change Dates
Students are given $25 for printing in January and in July. At this time, additional printing may be purchased through the Business Office Cashier Window in Bresee or call 405-491-6308. Printing costs are 5 cents for BW and 12 cents for COLOR per page. (This is subject to change.)
Where do I get help for my SNU issued student laptop?
SNE student laptop support is located in the Laptop Center in Bresee Hall, room 101.
- Phone: 405-717-6230
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will NetExtender for Faculty/Staff still work with Active Directory (AD) and in the same way as now?
Yes. The new Active Directory (AD) password will allow Faculty/Staff to log into the NetExtender. You will still need to login to Novell with that password to access the network drives.
Why not just use SNU-Guest Wireless?
SNU-Guest allows guests to get internet access, only. It does not provide access to any internal resources like printing. It is also not secured and bandwidth is limited per user. (Here is a link to the instructional video)
How do I add printers to my Active Directory (AD) machine?
Faculty/Staff will be able to add printers through the “add a printer” tool. Available network printers will be listed.
Students will use webprint.snu.edu, select WebPrint from the left menu, select a printer and upload their document to print. (This is a link to the instructional video for student printing)
How do I map my F:drive on my Mac?
Same as always until the F:drive is moved to a different server in the summer of 2014.
Here are instructions.
What are the Password Policy requirements?
Password requirements are:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must include the four following character types:
- Upper Case Letter
- Lower Case Letter
- Special Characters (symbols and spaces)
- Passwords must be changed every 180 days (6 months)
- The last three passwords used will be remembered and cannot be used again.
Will NetStorage still work?
NetStorage will work until the summer of 2014 (as long as the F: and G: drives are available). Its functionality will be replaced before it is taken offline.
NetStorage will be replaced with Google Drive. There will be no locally hosted replacement.
What do Traditional and PGS students do when when they come on campus first time and have not previously setup the Active Directory account?
- If they come to class with no previous action taken, they will need to connect to the wireless first. Select the snu-guest wireless network. Open a web browser in order to accept the agreement. Once the “I agree” has been clicked the Internet will become available.
- They will need to go to reset.snu.edu and change the AD password. The username will be the same. The default password is SNU.XXXXX (where XXXXX is replaced with the last 5 digits of the SNU ID number). After they have changed this password to the *secure password of their choice they will be able to use it to access
- snu-wifi wireless (snu-guest will not work for printing)
- They will need to go to help.snu.edu for further information, check the FAQs.